Sunday, September 14, 2008

New (new-to-us, anyway) and Old

I finished paying off a really cool 1920s (?)-era curio cabinet. It was the only Art-Deco-ish piece in an antiques store I skulk around in when I get the chance. The proprietress said with its "almost-Queen-Anne-legs-and-the-burled-walnut-curved-shape-and-small-size, it really is a
Transitional...Piece."

Uh-huh.

I don't really know what that means, but it doesn't bother me anymore. I've accepted my lack of talent in the decorating arena, I just buy what I like and then appeal to my mom, Paulette, and Sisi to figure out how to incorporate it in "my grand design." This is what works for me, People.

Did I mention that the three of them will be here in about a week? I can't wait!!!! ...and they will have their work cut out for them.

Good Heavens...




...especially since I think my Old Man should be part of the Design Picture.

2 comments:

  1. How did it get up there?! No way he can still jump that high, can he?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the same question John asked!!!! You two are TERRIBLE.

    ReplyDelete