Sunday, March 9, 2008

For next Fall's Hunting Season

When I was up in Afghanistan, Max turned me on to knitting again.

For one thing, she’s a cool chick, and it just looked a lot less nerdy than I remember when I watched her do it.

For another thing, I loved the yarn she was using (so much so that she sent me back to Doha with 4 skeins of it) and thought: “What a great idea for a nice warm hunting scarf for John!”

So – what do you think? I think he looks quite handsome – that blue Dubai T-shirt really sets it off.

:~


And here he is, humoring me, when I asked him to show how long it is now - I'm thinking twice this size will allow it to wrap around his neck and anchor across his chest and down into his sleeves...it'll be nice and warm for him while he's out plotting some poor beautiful creature's death...




He will most certainly not be wearing it this way.


Next up...a sweater for my Dear Old Dad...in Red.

1 comment:

  1. Dahlink-e, ees mahveloos! Wow, your stitches are so perfect...it's wide and long and gorgeous. ONE skein did all that? Amazing! You've put my skinny little white scarf to shame...but I'll keep going on it!

    Love you
    Max

    ReplyDelete