I'm sitting here in my office, going through emails and working on a project, and except for the slice of pumpkin pie next to my keyboard and the smell of coffee from the fresh pot I'm brewing in the next room, it could be any other work night...
I did serve in the serving line with the other officers for Christmas Dinner at 1130; that was fun and even though I only ladled giblet gravy, it was harder than I thought! The Nepalese workers who are normally doing that job were kidding me about my lack of technique and constantly handing me paper towels to mop up my spills! :)
So that's it from Doha; here are some pictures from Kabul:
Sleeping Peshak, belly full of sardines, courtesy of John's can opener...

1/2 of the foursome standing in the chow line to have, among other things, pheasant and venison...wow. Three Cheers for the American Embassy and for Max since she invited John over for Supper. John also had Roast Beast, Turkey, Ham, Gravy, Dressing, and several kinds of pie!
So here's the Missing Men formation: John, "Missing" Holly, "Missing" Ken, Max:
Max with her Christmas Loot! Can you tell she's got friends who know her? Look at all those Australian Cattle Dog and horse presents...
Max with her Christmas Loot! Can you tell she's got friends who know her? Look at all those Australian Cattle Dog and horse presents...
And we couldn't have a good Merry Christmas post without a cheesy Candy Cane picture...




Great Christmas post, Holly. We really REALLY were missing you. But I'm so sincere in how much better this makes it for me. I felt most sad for you, because at least Ken is home with his family now...But you're doing well! It was so terrific talking to you today. I wish you were here! Thanks for the movies and other life saving techniques you've given me. ILY girl!-_Max
ReplyDelete