The Men I'm proud to call my Comrades:
I've heard a lot of things - namely, that we should not say every little thing that comes to mind.
Amen.
(Especially in my case. Holy Cow.)
But in the meantime, there are bloggers out there like Sarah and Anna who just inspire me.
So, I was thinking: Wow. I'm nearing the big FOUR-OH. What do I do with the last half of my life?
A few things came to mind:
Saddlemaker
Gardener and Local Food / Farmer Advocate (I have this idea that if we actually do move to West - By - God - Virginia, I will be able to raise goats for meat due to the huge West Indian/African population boom in D.C.)
Rescuing Broken Horses / therefore Rescuing Broken Kids in a "HorseCamp" project
Beekeeper
A Mom? (I can only hope...but I don't think it'll ever happen...)
But, in the meantime I am what I am.
Which is a Lieutenant Colonel in the Army.
Which is a very happy partner to a man I love more than anything I've ever loved. (Whoa. He better not ever let me down.)
Which is an executive officer to a very decent, patriotic General officer. I'm proud to work for him.
Which is a daughter to two really super parents - I never doubted their love for me or my brother.
Which is, a sister to an incredible man I'm proud to call my best friend and my brother.
and,
which is, a best friend to four incredible gals - one is a mama, a creative individual, and everything that I am not - who could as for better in a bosom bud? - one is a fellow horsewoman, a mama, a teacher, and the one who led me to Christ, and ... - one is incredibly intelligent - a doctor of philosophy, actually...and who is the person I admire most in this world for her intellect, and her grace - and lastly, the one who challenged my "beliefs" and who made me question everything - to the best outcome of all: TOLERANCE and ACCEPTANCE. I love all of them.
So - these two pictures are a slice of my last few days - a "Spartan Formation" - thought up by our Command Sergeant Major - to honor those who have gone before us...who've paved the way.
I love this young Air Force Tech Sgt...so pensive. And the rose in the vase that signifies the POW/MIA who can never join us. It's out of focus, but so what?
It's beauty. It's devotion - and it's what we should never forget.




Holly--that's the nicest thing. Perhaps you should meet more people...but thank you for the confidence in me. YOu make me believe I could actually do something with this brain. I love you!
ReplyDeleteMax
Max - with friends like you all - I don't NEED to meet anyone else. That's the beauty of life...you meet who you are supposed to meet. When you are supposed to meet them. Love you, Gal. :)
ReplyDelete