Friday, February 27, 2009

New Look for the Blog Coming...


This is an old picture - Max took it when we were in Afghanistan together last year, actually - but I posted it because I haven't yet, I think it's a cool picture of us, and I am limited to my stash on this computer...my hard drive is back at the office and right now, I can't transport it out of the compound.

Still, the real reason for this post is I wanted to let friends and family know that when I'm not working on normal "HhhhhhhARM-eeeee Trainin'!"...(think Bill Murray accent ...as in Stripes), I've been working on a cool new design for the blog. I love visiting Sara Janssen's blog (Heck, I just adore Sara - I think she's cool, she's unique and she's an inspiring person - check her out if you haven't found her yet...) and I contacted her blog designers to help me design our very own Little Slice 'a Heaven on this here World Wide Web.

It should be ready mid-April.


In the meantime, back to the picture:




John coached me on some cool Green Beret shooting techniques -

The Mozambique (I am obsessed with that shot group - criminals watch out...I will have my concealed carry before I return to Tampa in June...)

Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast

Muscle Memory counts for a lot

Reflex Drills - a shooter's bread and butter

and finally

Stance, Grip, Sight Picture, Sight Alignment, Breathing, Trigger Squeeze, Follow-Through, and Recovery...because...

Excellence is Doing the Basics to Perfection


I figure that last one can be applied to just about anything.

3 comments:

  1. You two are too awesome! I can't wait to see the new blog. Will it still be on blogspot or something else? I love this picture of you two and I fear for anyone who crosses either of you with your concealed carries. Of course, where would you conceal that in your gorgeous clothes? Can you carry in a purse?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so bad ass! Let's go to a shooting range when I come visit you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, seriously, does a new blog mean this one is dead? I was expecting more from the life of the Silkman's and some vicarious Craig news about Spectre. Whassup?

    ReplyDelete