Sunday, December 21, 2008

Max, I was thinking of you, Sweetie!

Well, I certainly mentioned "Girl Time" and we've had it.

Mom has ferreted out all the best antique places in South Tampa - and look at what I found (this is actually only 2 of 6 that I found!!!!) These are the paces of the beautiful Lipizzaner Stallions of the Spanish Riding School in Vienna.

Which Max and I saw at the New Year's Eve Performance a few years ago - and yes, we cried, because it was so incredibly beautiful. Those horses are amazing.



These pieces, from the 1930s, are missing The Levade which was the military manuever that put the horse's body in front of the rider's in preparation for the death blow of the lance (sad, huh?) - but other than that, they're all there. If I had to have one missing, it would definitely be that one.


At a different store, I found these sconces - which I love, because there's no electricity required!



And here's the result! I love it! Danke, Mutti!





1 comment:

  1. Holly!!! I was showing Ryan your blog (He asked, "What's a Blog?" and I thought yours was the perfect example. I love the Lippizaner moves...what a gorgeous display! Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete