Sunday, July 27, 2008

Act Your Wage & Prepare for the Recession (Thanks, Dad.)

So my dad sends me a note that I intend to take seriously. He never gives me advice anymore unless I ask for it, so when he sent this unsolicited email to me a few days back, I paid attention:

"...further, this recession will probably last another 2 years, so Save, save,save, and try and cut your debt!"

Interestingly and coincidentally, I've been skulking around this site: Dave Ramsey.com, lately, and I've been impressed. This guy is so simple. There are no gimicks - it's just "Save, save, save, and CUT your debt." (Sound familiar?) He gives you a lot of instruction and eye-opening examples about how typical folks waste money. He's even a proponent of the 100% down program for buying a house. Wow.

Now that we're homeowners and only have secured employment for a few more years, I guess it's time to get our stuff together...

So, check out Mr. Ramsey's website and enjoy this random sequence of pictures that I took of Spectre and John wasting time in the pool while I slaved away with the laundry a couple weeks ago. :)














1 comment:

  1. I can't believe I can get here from work! I've missed out on so much! I didn't know you were in your house already. You're more unpacked than we are :>(. Have a great time at the wedding. I can't WAIT to see those pics. John HAS to take one of you and Arms singing! Love you!!!--Max

    ReplyDelete