About Sri Lanka ... We loved it. We recommend it. If anyone reading this blog wants to know where to go, send a comment, and I'll send you recommendations.
And now, since I like more pictures than words, are a few of our images...
View from our Hotel Room:
Hmm...I have my own ideas...judging by the wonderful colonial hotels we stayed in... I guess maybe it was better before...but that's horrible anti-PC thinking...and you didn't hear it here...
I keep this figurine with me...from Mom...miss my buddy....
Scary drumsticks, I know...didn't get the legs my gorgeous Aunt Nan or Cousin Kari got - but they work, and they carried me down the beach, thank-you-very-much! :)

And His Highness, enjoying The Wave, as he calls it...he grew up in Florida, where they knew about those things, and he was getting tanner (a word?) by the minute, all the while his dear wife was burning the color of a Lobster. (Darn this Scottish Skin of mine!)

And this one is for Paulette, my "other Mom". She's a beautiful, statuesque woman, who loves, loves, LOVES ellies. We darn-near bought her an incredible white-gold necklace made of nothing but ellies and sapphires, but at the last minute, didn't know if our investment would equal her enjoyment. We got her a bunch of stuff, anyway - she is a lovely woman and one of my favorite people. I love her. And I know if she could have been the recipient of this "hug" she would have been so happy!
And His Highness, enjoying The Wave, as he calls it...he grew up in Florida, where they knew about those things, and he was getting tanner (a word?) by the minute, all the while his dear wife was burning the color of a Lobster. (Darn this Scottish Skin of mine!)
And this one is for Paulette, my "other Mom". She's a beautiful, statuesque woman, who loves, loves, LOVES ellies. We darn-near bought her an incredible white-gold necklace made of nothing but ellies and sapphires, but at the last minute, didn't know if our investment would equal her enjoyment. We got her a bunch of stuff, anyway - she is a lovely woman and one of my favorite people. I love her. And I know if she could have been the recipient of this "hug" she would have been so happy!




No comments:
Post a Comment