Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Ever had one of these?



Mangosteen.

MANG-GOE-STEEN.
Cool, huh?

And delicious.



I had to go to Dubai to try one of these Babies....


It tastes like a light, airy grape but with a sour-sweet finish. SO SO good. You only eat the white lobes inside the hard red shell. I never knew they existed. The other thing I eat here, for breakfast, is Dragonfruit. It is a relative of the cactus, apparently. White flesh specked with black tiny seeds (seeds like a kiwi fruit; you can eat them, but they pass through ya because they're indigestible.) NOT that I've checked.
-- just read about it.


Anyway.


Mangosteens.


I love 'em. I'm here in Dubai almost every week for business and in the hotel, they always have one on a lovely little fruit plate. (Which is nice considering my windows invariably look out upon construction - banging shovels into the early dawn...ugh - and a camel farm.) I mean, I'm an animal lover, and it just breaks my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment