Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Our last trip - July of '07


Our last trip in Europe was a short one-dayer up to see my friend LTC Amy Hannah, and also Heidelberg. Amy looked great and gave me great advice - she is a true mentor for me, even though we are peers. There is no better officer of our rank and grade in Army Public Affairs. Anyway, we had a great time at the Castle- which if you ever plan a trip to Germany - you have GOT to see...and Spectre was up to his typical antics. Water was involved.


Have I mentioned how much I miss Spectre?




And WATER???









Forging ahead...






















Pals...


















Broken Tower and Waiting for / Watching for John...



























Nice shot of the falling-down castle tower -














This cask held countless steins of beer...it was actually used!!!! (Not now...)




See the foot imprint? Apparently it was made by a knight umpteen hundred years ago when he JUMPED from the wall above...it was a long drop. It's amazing he didn't die.

Or lose function of his knee from having his tibia jammed into it...





















Pretty view - John's got a good eye...




















I knew this would happen...
















Yep. I was right...





















Good Dog.


No comments:

Post a Comment