Saturday, November 11, 2006

Meissen Porcelain, St. Vitus' Cathedral, and Magazinstrasse

Mom and I had a wonderful time these last three weeks. It was hard to see her go last Monday. The best week was a trip we took, just the two of us, to Dresden, Prague, and Nürnberg. Photos follow:


St. Vitus' Cathedral - the Pulpit and the Rose Window:



















Prague at night from the St. Charles Bridge:








Astronomical Clock in Downtown Prague:
Extremely handsome Czech soldiers during the Changing of the Guard (most of the Czechs we saw were beautiful people):




See the puppy? Balcony up the street from our hotel:









Mom at Golden Lane. These places were teeny-tiny homes the castle guards built into the castle walls. Kafka stayed in one of them with his sister for a mere 5 months, and it's the lane's claim to fame.

Whatever. I read The Metamorphosis and all I can say is: Kafka was different.
St. Wenceslas' chapel - it was truly beautiful. And Mom and I outside the castle at Nürnberg...with our purchases!

Inside and outside the cathedral on the square in Nürnberg:










Magazinstrasse - where Mom and Aunt Nan used to live ...

Mom outside what used to be "Nürnberg American High School."


No comments:

Post a Comment